Garvin B. Bowden
Mr. Bowden is a Florida Bar Board Certified Real Estate Attorney whose practice includes both real estate litigation and real estate transactions. A large part of Mr. Bowden’s practice is dedicated to the representation of banks and other financial institutions in connection with commercial and residential mortgage lending, mortgage foreclosures, problem loan workouts, acquisition and disposition of REO assets, and mortgage creditors’ claims in United States Bankruptcy Court. Mr. Bowden’s transactional real estate practice includes the purchase, sale and financing of commercial, residential, and acreage property, wherein he has acted as closing/title agent, lender’s counsel, buyer’s counsel and seller’s counsel. In addition to mortgage foreclosure cases, Mr. Bowden’s real estate litigation practice includes property partition actions, lawsuits involving easement rights, landlord/tenant cases, ejectment proceedings, escrow fund interpleaders, and actions to quiet title under tax deeds or otherwise.
Mr. Bowden also regularly represents Florida homeowners associations on a variety of issues, including covenant drafting, amendment and enforcement, corporate formation, collection of delinquent assessments, and transfer of developer’s control.
Furthermore, Mr. Bowden has extensive experience representing individuals and entities before numerous Florida professional regulatory and licensing boards, including the Board of Accountancy, the Board of Architecture and Interior Design, the Board of Funeral, Cemetery & Consumer Services, the Board of Professional Engineers, the Electrical Contractors Board and the Construction Industry Licensing Board. The scope of such representation has included disciplinary cases, licensing applications, administrative review hearings, and judicial appeals.
- Stetson University College of Law, J.D., 1998
– Ralph Harris Ferrell Competition Award for excellence in trial competition
– William F. Blews award for outstanding pro bono service
– Member, Mock Trial Board
– Member, Mock Trial Team
- The Florida State University, B.A., History, 1993
- Florida, 1998
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- Florida Bar Board of Legal Specialization and Education, Certified Real Estate Attorney
- The Florida Bar, Administrative Law Section and Real Property Probate & Trust Law Section
- Northern District of Florida Bankruptcy Bar Association
- Tallahassee Bar Association
- Past-President, Young Lawyers Section of the Tallahassee Bar Association
- Second Judicial Circuit Professionalism Committee
- President, Alumni Association and Housing Corporation, Delta Tau Delta Fraternity at The Florida State University
- Former Board Member, Legal Aid Foundation of the Tallahassee Bar Association
- Former Board Member, Young Actors Theatre, Tallahassee, Florida
- Former Assistant State Attorney, Second Judicial Circuit of Florida