David S. Dee
Mr. Dee is a shareholder of the firm and has 36 years of experience in the areas of environmental and administrative law. Mr. Dee routinely handles cases involving the issuance of environmental permits, the enforcement of environmental regulations, agency rulemaking, and litigation. He has worked extensively with local, regional, state, and federal environmental agencies throughout Florida.
Mr. Dee has successfully handled the permitting of electrical power plants, industrial facilities, landfills, resource recovery (waste-to-energy) facilities, cogeneration facilities, and other large, complex projects. Mr. Dee has significant experience with the Florida Electrical Power Plant Siting Act (PPSA) and many of the other environmental regulations applicable to electrical generating facilities. He frequently works on state and federal issues involving major sources of air pollution, including permits issued pursuant to the federal program for the prevention of significant deterioration (PSD) of air quality. He has been responsible for obtaining the PPSA and PSD approvals for new facilities at “greenfield” sites, as well as the modification of PPSA and PSD approvals for existing facilities.
Mr. Dee has considerable experience with solid waste management facilities and programs. He has assisted many clients with the development of solid waste projects, ordinances, franchise agreements, and contracts. Mr. Dee has lectured about solid waste issues for the Florida Bar Association and other professional organizations on many occasions. More detailed information about Mr. Dee may be obtained by clicking on his resumé here.
- The Florida State University College of Law, Juris Doctorate (High Honors), 1979
- Emory University, Bachelor of Arts, Humanities, 1974
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Omicron Delta Kappa
- Order of the Coif
- Florida, 1979
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District for the Southern District of Florida
- U. S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, District of Columbia Circuit
- Florida Super Lawyers
- America’s Leading Lawyers for Business
- The Best Lawyers in America
- 2012 Best Lawyer for Environmental Litigation in Tallahassee
- 2014 Best Lawyer for Environmental Law in Tallahassee
- 2016 Best Lawyer for Environmental Litigation in Tallahassee
- Former Chairman of the Environmental and Land Use Law Section of The Florida Bar Association
- Former Chairman and current member of the Advisory Board for the Hinkley Center for Solid & Hazardous Waste Management at the University of Florida
- Member of Board of Directors for Keep Florida Beautiful
- Graduate of Leadership Tallahassee
- Graduate of Leadership Florida
- Former Member of the Board of Regents for Leadership Florida
- Former Chairman of the Board of Directors of Goodwill Industries of the Big Bend, Inc.
- Former Member of the Board of Directors for the Tallahassee Chapter of the American Red Cross
- Former Volunteer in the American Peace Corps in Nepal and Ethiopia
- Member of the Florida Chapter of the Solid Waste Association of North America